Walking Tours, Classes & Workshops
offering variety to meet all levels of ability
Classes & Workshops
SEE OUR HOME PAGE FOR LINKS TO BOOK YOUR PLACE AND LATEST CLASS SCHEDULE
CURRENT WEEKLY OFFERINGS: ECOTHERAPY AND LEISURELY WALKING SESSIONS
LOCATION: REGENTS PARK (OCTOBER), HAMPSTEAD HEATH AND COMMUNITY GARDENS (NW6)
I specialise in offering adaptable focused sessions for those living with all types of disabilities and chronic pain.
Apart from Hampstead Heath which is a more challenging walk, all other sessions and walks are suitable for people living with health conditions or mobility issues. Mobility aids welcome. Suitable for slower walkers.
Sessions held in community gardens and static locations eg a room, are suitable for those who need to sit or recline.
For info. and to book classes please email me at email@example.com or via the contact form.
I also offer privately catered sessions and retreats for individuals, groups, and companies, great for hen weekends, at-home retreats, away days and conference events.
Book your private group session and invite family and friends living in different locations around the world to participate!
Feel free to contact me to discuss your needs and happy to just have a chat over a virtual cuppa if that’s what you need!
I look forward to welcoming you in virtual Pasithea.
Now available: Private heated pool meditations. That’s right – meditate whilst floating in your pool. The perfect way to relax in this cold weather. Please ensure your pool is heated to at least 32Celsius. Please contact me for further details.
To see up-to-date class and workshop info. and to book classes please contact me.
Invisible disabilities support group share & connect (one Sunday per month @7.30pm) Please see the closed Living in the Grey Support group FACEBOOK PAGE for more info. on the group itself and for historic reference the old page.
Nature healing, ecotherapy, drama, art and movement sessions and fun meditative walks in parks, offices, balconies and cities.
Accessible meditation and life mentoring session for those living with disability, life changing illness, chronic illness and pain
New parent, family and personal retreats
Addictions, eating disorders, depression
Facing death & dealing with dying
Want to give the gift that keeps on giving? Contact me to purchase a gift voucher that can be used for drop-in classes, workshops or private sessions.
Great value class passes offers, buy 6 classes and get 10% off, buy 10 classes and get your 11th class free (class passes and free class may only be used on classes of same value).
Unless otherwise stated, classes are open to all levels of ability, whether you are a first-timer or a seasoned meditator. Everyone should have access to these nourishing practices and I aim, where I can, to offer inclusivity in all my classes and private sessions so please contact me if you are on a low income or have adaptable or accessible needs. If you need to be accompanied by a carer in order to participate, they come along for free.
Read more on styles on offer:
- Ecotherapy and walking
- Integrative meditation, NSDR and yoga nidra, controlled breathing
- Adaptive Meditation
PLEASE READ PRACTICAL AND IMPORTANT INFO BELOW BEFORE BOOKING A CLASS
PRACTICAL & IMPORTANT INFO!
Booking and Fees:
- Please note that due to a restriction on class numbers, pre-booking is essential.
- Please note that fees are non-refundable if you miss a class or are late to a class. Due to the fact that your place cannot be filled, the session can only be exchanged for an identical class at a later date only in exceptional circumstances and at my discretion.
- All online classes have terms and conditions in the event details. Please see the event details in Meetup before booking.
- If you have pre-booked a class, you may exchange your original booking for an identical class at a later date (providing there is space) giving a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice by email.
- Private sessions have a minimum of 36 hours cancellation policy for an exchange.
- Corporate bookings have a 28 day cancellation policy, with terms and conditions discussed at time of booking.
- I believe in inclusion and that meditation classes should be accessible to all regardless of ability and income, so if you are on a low income or have accessible needs and want to participate please contact me.
- 5 class pass and 10 class pass only apply to drop-in sessions and must be used within the relevant 5 or 10 weeks of date of purchase (unless otherwise agreed by me). Each pass is only valid for the corresponding class with same value.
- Gift vouchers must be used within 6 months of purchase. Please contact me for further details.
All classes and workshops:
- Please aim to arrive early as classes start at the scheduled time – we start to congregate 15 mins before the class starts in face-to-face in person sessions and at class scheduled start time on ONLINE sessions.
- Once we start the class I have to turn my phone off and I can’t help you if you are lost or running late, so please familiarise yourself with the directions or online facilities. If in doubt, please call me well ahead of the class starting time.
- Please note that due to the nature of the class, latecomers will not be able to join the group once class has commenced.
- Private and corporate classes, please contact me directly for further information.
What to bring:
Unless other wise stated, just bring your beautiful selves, your smiles and an open mind. On a practical note, you do not need to wear special clothing, just suitable clothing for the environment the class is in. See below for further details and don’t be shy to contact me if you have any special requirements or questions.
Studio based classes:
- Please wear clothes you feel comfortable in. Although I will provide you with a mat, bolster, pillow and blanket, given you will lie down for most of the time (there are adaptive positions for those who cannot lie down) you may want to bring an extra layer to cover yourselves such as a favourite shawl or blanket and a small pillow.
- If you have your own preferred equipment or accessibility adapting equipment please bring them with you to make the class as comfortable as possible. The aim is to completely relax your body so that you can better relax your mind.
- Beach based activities: please wear clothing and footwear that you are happy to get wet and offer you protection from the sun as well as a towel and a change of clothes and shoes. Please make sure you are able to meet the fitness levels required for each class eg if it is sea based, you must be able to swim a minimum of 25 metres and float unaided.
- Land based activities: unless it is very warm, do bring extra layers as you will find that you may cool down at different intervals during the class. If it is very warm or hot, please bring sunscreen, a hat, mozzie spray and wear clothing that allows you to be comfortable and protected both in the sun and the shade. If we are hiking, please make sure that you are able to meet the physical demands of the class.
- Don’t forget to bring a bottle of water with you regardless and also wear comfortable, good grip shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy or wet.
- Classes go ahead whatever the weather as we practice embracing whatever nature brings, so dress accordingly!
Pool based classes:
- Please make sure you are comfortable being immersed in water and able to float in a pool for long periods of time as you will be (where appropriate in accessible- needs only classes) floating in water for the whole part of the meditation. You must be able to swim at least 20 metres without effort or stress. Equipment will be given to help you remain afloat for the duration of the meditation and class but you must comfortable with lying on your back and float unaided in order to participate.
- Please bring a swimming costume, towel and shower things and of course a change of clothes.
All classes are put together with your wellbeing and safety in mind. Classes are lovingly held according to the overall class ability and focus. Participation implies your agreement to the physical requirements of the class environment. You are the only person who knows your limits and abilities, therefore liability for your physical and emotional safety and wellbeing is your responsibility. Please do not book classes you know that you are not able to participate in safely and meet the minimum requirement level of fitness. If you have any concerns or queries please contact me prior to booking a class or workshop.
"Those who say 'yes' are rewarded by the adventures they have."
Join the mailing list to be kept informed of the latest class news
(I respect your privacy)